Ring Around the Rosies!

Remember this game?  If you've never played .... well you missed out!  You get in a circle with all of your friends and hold hands real tight, then you all start running... RUNNING... as fast as you can in one direction.  I remember running so fast that my hair would blow in the wind... I felt like I was running 90mph!  :)  All while chanting that little rhyme "Ring around the rosies, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all FALL DOWN!!"  At that point everyone just surrenders to gravity and you would all fall at the same time laughing so hard... or at least I would that I would almost pee my pants! HA!  Then up we got and we'd do it all over again!  What pleasure we get out of the smallest things as children.
  
When you apply this rhyme to your life, does it fit?  It always has in mine.
 
I have a very difficult time with being consistant.  As a child I had so many sudden changes, that change became the norm for me.  It wasn't until I realized late in my twenties that I had issues with being consistent and looked back over the history of my young adult life and couldn't believe all the things I had been a part of that I just quit doing for one reason or another.  Some reasons might have been justifiable... but most were not.  I would join a church, then drop it like a bad habit.  I would get a job... the job I had been wishing and praying for, and shortly after taking it, I would find a reason to hate it.  I would make a commitment with a friend, then cancel at the last minute.  I would make big plans, then back out for no good reason... all the while knowing that I would have enjoyed every moment of it if I'd just gone.  I cannot count the times.  And most of them were because I was scared of something... scared of rejection, scared of getting hurt, scared of failing, scared of SUCCEEDING!!  You name it, fear used to control my every move.
 
I played ring around the rosies in the natural and even more so in the spirit until I was more than exhausted. I would take hold of something, and then I would run... so excited at first, and then me and everyone around me that I'd been holding hands with in that season of my life would come crashing down, because I would surrender to fear.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to play that game anymore with my life or my spirit.  I don't want to run around and around in constant circles chasing that 90mph happiness only to come crashing down.  Everytime just to get right back up and start all over. 
 
Dueteronomy 31:6 tell us this:
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
 
Now, here is the part that I LOVE!!!
Read what Nehemiah says about when his enemies tried to take him down:
"But they were scheming to harm me; so I sent messengers to them with this reply: “I am carrying on a great project and CANNOT GO DOWN. Why should the work stop while I leave it and go down to you?” Four times they sent me the same message, and each time I gave them the same answer." - Nehemiah Ch 6

WOW!!!! 
Why should the work stop while I leave and go down to you?? 
I am carrying on a great project and CANNOT GO DOWN!! 
I don't know about you, but I wanna be just like Nehemiah!!!  No matter how many times I get that message of fear, I am going to give that same answer! 

Maybe I should've said in the beginning, If you've never played, well, you haven't missed out!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Broken or Blessed?

Would You Drop Your Stone?

The Silent Mommy

A Piece of Peace